What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Lithium Ion Battery Pack?
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Lithium ion Battery Pack?
The utilization of Lithium-particle, Li-particle batteries has filled essentially in a years ago. They offer some preferences and upgrades over different types of battery innovation.
To pick up the best from the Lithium-particle battery from custom lithium ion battery pack manufacturer, it is important to know the preferences, yet in addition the constraints or burdens. In this manner they can be utilized in a way that takes advantage of their natural abilities in the most ideal manner.
Pioneer work with the lithium battery began in 1912 under G.N. Lewis but it was not until the early 1970s when the first non-rechargeable lithium batteries became commercially available. lithium is the lightest of all metals, has the greatest electrochemical potential and provides the largest energy density for weight.
Attempts to develop rechargeable lithium batteries failed due to safety problems. Because of the inherent instability of lithium metal, especially during charging, research shifted to a non-metallic lithium battery using lithium ions. Although slightly lower in energy density than lithium metal, lithium-ion is safe, provided certain precautions are met when charging and discharging. In 1991, the Sony Corporation commercialized the first lithium-ion battery. Other manufacturers followed suit.
The energy density of lithium-ion is typically twice that of the standard nickel-cadmium. There is potential for higher energy densities. The load characteristics are reasonably good and behave similarly to nickel-cadmium in terms of discharge. The high cell voltage of 3.6 volts allows battery pack from custom lithium ion battery pack manufacturer designs with only one cell. Most of today’s mobile phones run on a single cell. A nickel-based pack would require three 1.2-volt cells connected in series.
Lithium-ion is a low maintenance battery, an advantage that most other chemistries cannot claim. There is no memory and no scheduled cycling is required to prolong the battery’s life. In addition, the self-discharge is less than half compared to nickel-cadmium, making lithium-ion well suited for modern fuel gauge applications. lithium-ion cells cause little harm when disposed.
Despite its overall advantages, lithium-ion has its drawbacks. It is fragile and requires a protection circuit to maintain safe operation. Built into each pack, the protection circuit limits the peak voltage of each cell during charge and prevents the cell voltage from dropping too low on discharge. In addition, the cell temperature is monitored to prevent temperature extremes. The maximum charge and discharge current on most packs are is limited to between 1C and 2C. With these precautions in place, the possibility of metallic lithium plating occurring due to overcharge is virtually eliminated.
Aging is a concern with most lithium-ion batteries and many manufacturers remain silent about this issue. Some capacity deterioration is noticeable after one year, whether the battery from custom lithium ion battery pack manufacturer is in use or not. The battery frequently fails after two or three years. It should be noted that other chemistries also have age-related degenerative effects. This is especially true for nickel-metal-hydride if exposed to high ambient temperatures. At the same time, lithium-ion packs are known to have served for five years in some applications.
* High energy thickness – Lithium-particle batteries can have a powerful limit without being excessively massive. It is one of the fundamental reasons why they are so famous in convenient gadgets industry.
* Small and light – Lithium-particle battery is lighter and more modest than other battery-powered batteries regarding battery limit. This makes it more viable in versatile purchaser electronic gadgets in which actual details, for example, weight and structure factor are viewed as significant selling focuses.
* Low self-release – Lithium-particle battery from custom lithium ion battery pack manufacturer has incredibly low self-release pace of about 1.5-3.0 percent every month. That implies that the battery has a more extended time span of usability when not in utilized in light of the fact that it releases gradually than other battery-powered batteries. Observe that nickel-metal hydride battery has a self-release of 20% every month.
* Non memory impact – Lithium-particle battery has zero to negligible memory impact. Observe than memory impact is a marvel seen in battery-powered batteries in which they lose their most extreme energy limit when rehashed energized in the wake of being just incompletely released. This memory impact is regular in nickel-metal hydride battery-powered batteries.
* Quick charging – Lithium-particle battery is faster to charge than other battery-powered batteries. It really requires some investment to charge when contrasted with partners.
* High open-circuit voltage – Lithium-particle battery from custom lithium ion battery pack manufacturer has a higher open-circuit voltage than other fluid batteries, for example, lead corrosive, nickel-metal hydride, and nickel-cadmium.
* Long help life – Lithium-particle battery can deal with several charge-release cycles. Some Lithium-particle batteries misfortune 20% of introductory limit after 500 cycles, while further developed Lithium-particle batteries actually have limit after 2000 cycles.
* Low support – Lithium-particle batteries don’t need and upkeep to guarantee their presentation, as they has zero to low memory impact and low self-release.
* No necessity for preparing – Some battery-powered cells should be prepared when they get their first charge. There is no necessity for this with lithium particle cells and batteries.
* Variety of types accessible – There are a few kinds of Lithium-particle cells accessible with tube shaped or kaleidoscopic structure. This favorable position of Lithium-particle batteries can imply that the correct innovation can be utilized for the specific application required.
* Expensive – The creation of Lithium-particle batteries can be a somewhat costly issue. The general creation cost of these batteries is around 40% higher than nickel-metal hydride batteries.
* Protection required – Lithium-particle cells and batteries are not as vigorous as some other battery-powered innovations, they require security from being over charged and released.
* Aging impact – Lithium-particle battery will normally debase as they experience the ill effects of maturing. Ordinarily Lithium-particle batteries might have the option to with stand 500 – 1000 charge and release cycles before their ability tumbles to half.
* Transportation issues – This Lithium-particle battery disservice has gone to the front lately. A ton of limitations are set up for the transportation of Lithium-particle batteries particularly huge amounts via air.
* Deep release – Lithium-particle battery from custom lithium ion battery pack manufacturer has low self-release. The overall honesty of this battery stays flawless regardless of whether mostly released. Be that as it may, profound release or when the voltage of a Lithium-particle cell dips under a specific level, it gets unusable.
* Safety concerns – Lithium-particle battery may detonate when overheated or cheated. This is on the grounds that gasses shaped by electrolyte deterioration builds the inner weight of the cell. Overheating or inside short out can likewise light the electrolyte and cause fire.
* Sensitivity to high temperature – Lithium-particle battery from custom lithium ion battery pack manufacturer is defenceless to the disadvantage of an excess of warmth brought about by overheating of the gadget or cheating. Warmth makes the cells or packs of this battery debase quicker than they regularly would.
For more about advantages and disadvantages of lithium ion battery pack,you can pay a visit to china custom ev lithium ion battery factory JB Battery at https://www.jbbatterychina.com/aboutus.html for more info.