Pros and cons of lithium ion batteries packs and why they are a good pickLithiumBattery
Pros and cons of lithium ion batteries packs and why they are a good pick
Lithium battery technology has improved over time, and today there are many stable products in the market. These batteries are very popular today and can be found in iPods, phones, PDAs, and laptops. These lithium-ion batteries are quite popular today because they are quite energetic and rechargeable.
Finding the best Chinese lithium battery manufacturer is very important because the failure of the batteries can be catastrophic. There have been cases of batteries bursting into flames. Even though this is quite rare, finding the ideal manufacturer can be a great thing. The failure rate may rise in accordance with how the battery was manufactured in the first place.
Lithium-ion batteries’ pros and cons are many, and they can help identify whether they need the battery at all.
• One of the greatest things that make these batteries so popular is that they tend to be lighter than other options bearing the same size. This is because the batteries are made using lightweight carbon and lithium. Lithium is a very reactive element. This is why energy can easily be stored in the atomic bonds. This is why lithium-ion batteries have a high energy density.
• Typically, lithium-ion batteries are capable of storing 150 watts-hour/kg. Nickel metal hydride battery packs can store 100watt-hours/kg even though 60-70 watts-hour is a bit more common. For lead acid batteries, one needs around 6kilograms to store the kind of energy that a kilogram of lithium-ion natter can. The above information shows how superior the lithium-ion battery really is.
• These batteries are capable of holding charge. The battery packs lose 5 percent of the charge compared to the 20 percent loss every month for the NiMH-type batteries.
• The batteries don’t have a memory effect. This means that they don’t have to be fully discharged before they can be recharged, as with most batteries available.
• The other great advantage is the capability of these batteries to handle hundreds of discharge/charge cycles.
With this said, it does not mean that the batteries are without flaws. There are several cons associated with the same too.
• One of the greatest is that degrading begins almost immediately after they are taken from the factory. In most cases, the batteries can last 2 to 3 years from the time they are manufactured, whether they are in use or not.
• They also tend to be very sensitive to high temperatures. When exposed to heat, the lithium-ion battery packs tend to degrade faster than when under normal circumstances.
• Completely discharging the battery may cause its ruin.
• It is also important for the battery to have a computer on-board. This helps in its management, and this can make it even more expensive depending on the use it is intended for.
• These batteries have been known to burst into flames when they fail, even though the chance is quite small.
JB battery is one of the leading Chinese lithium battery manufacturers. There are so many options when it comes to lithium-ion batteries from this manufacturer. There are 72v 100ah lifepo4 battery pack, 48v 100ah, 24v 100, and 12v 105 ah lithium-ion battery options. This makes it easy for one to pick the most appropriate option to pick based on the power needs.