Difference between 26650 lithium-ion battery and 18650 lithium-ion batteryLithiumBattery
Difference between 26650 lithium-ion battery and 18650 lithium-ion battery
When you have a device, you always want the best out of it. This is often determined by the kind of battery that you get. The battery capacity goes a long way in ensuring your device works at its best.
The 26650 battery has a lot to offer. This is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Because of the low discharge rate and great capacity, it is the best choice for gadgets that use a lot of energy. The batteries also have a long lifecycle.
The batteries are safe and efficient even though they generate energy at a high capacity. Therefore, this is a good choice for LED flashlights that are heavily powered. One of the most interesting things is that the 26650 and 18650 batteries have very many similarities in features. This makes it so hard to tell them apart and highlight their uniqueness and uses. However, with that said, some functions differentiate them.
This type of lithium-ion battery has 18mm by 65mm dimensions. This makes it bigger than AA batteries. The battery dispenses 3.2-3.7 volts and usually has a capacity of between 2600mAh and 3500 mAh. It is a high-power battery designed to generate a high current and voltage to meet the demands of a device. It has a quality that makes it possible to be drained while still having the capacity to be fully charged. This is not a good thing for the life of a battery because it can affect its performance.
To differentiate between 26650 and 18650, there are some criteria that can be used. Some of these are:
• Size: the diameter of the 18650 is 18mm by 65mm, representing diameter and length, respectively. The 0 represents the cylindrical form it bears. For the 26650, 26 represents its 26mm diameter, the length is represented by 65mm, and 0 is the cylindrical form of the battery. In comparison, the diameter of the latter is bigger.
• Capacity: the capacity of a 18650 battery stands at between 1200mAH. The latter has a larger capacity that stands at 5200mAh.
• Voltage: the cell voltage can also help us know the difference between the two batteries. This depends on the battery material. The voltage of a lithium-ion phosphate battery is 3.2V. For a ternary lithium battery, the voltage stands at 3.7V.
• Charge and discharge: the capacity of a battery determines how long it will last. This is to say, if a battery has a higher capacity, it lasts longer. If the battery has a shorter capacity, it will last a shorter time. With this said, 26650 lithium batteries usually have a much higher discharge capacity than 18650.
• Cost: battery prices usually vary. However, 26650 batteries cost more in this case.
• Performance: the performance of a battery is connected to its capacity. In this sense, the 26650 battery performs better than the 18650 battery. The capacity is larger, and it lasts a long time.
• Application: both batteries may be used in a wide range of applications. This includes energy storage stations, power tool batteries, lamp batteries, solar storage, electric bicycles, and powerful lithium battery packs. However, the 18650 option can handle more applications because it is a standardized and mature cylindrical battery.
At JB Battery, we have a wide range of batteries that can be used in multiple applications. We are always working on research and development to improve our products offering the most superior options to our clients.
For more about difference between 26650 lithium-ion battery and 18650 lithium-ion battery,you can pay a visit to JB Battery China at https://www.lifepo4golfcartbattery.com/tag/26650-vs-18650-rechargeable-battery/ for more info.