Installation And Upkeep Of Custom Lithium-Ion battery PacksLithiumBattery
Installation And Upkeep Of Custom Lithium-Ion battery Packs
Lithium-ion batteries are now recognised as the most reliable source of power for golf carts, that unlike its lead acid counterparts does not fade or become weak over time. No matter how old the golf cart is, a quality lithium-ion battery such as 48v 20ah lithium-ion battery or 36v lithium golf battery is well equipped to give you all the acceleration or power to course through any terrain as you wish.
Here is a step-by-step guide to the installation lithium-ion battery in your golf cart.
• To install a lithium-ion battery in golf cart, lift the seat and remove the existing battery from it.
• Clean the battery tray thoroughly using a mixture of water and baking soda (in a 50:50) ratio. Use a brush with soft bristles for cleaning purposes.
• Rinse the tray with water thoroughly and dry it out in the sun to ensure that there is no water residue before you proceed further.
• Based on the model of the golf cart, use a specialised customised base frame for the installation of the lithium-ion battery.
• Now its time to lift the lithium-ion battery and place it in the cart. Ideally, this is a two—people job.
• Once you placed the lithium battery securely lock it to the base frame.
• Check the electric system of the cart carefully and connect the negative and positive terminals of the battery to the mains. Make sure that the cables are tightened properly.
• Connect the battery power indicator to port on the battery pack.
• Your battery pack is now installed and is ready for a test drive.
Charging the battery
Here are some dos and don’ts you have to bear in mind while charging your lithium-ion powered battery pack such as 48-volt lithium ion forklift battery or 36V Lithium golf cart battery.
• Charge your battery pack in an ambient temperature range of 32 degree and 110-degree Fahrenheit.
• While charging, ensure that key is in off position and removed from the cart.
• The charger should directly be connected to a wall receptacle and not a power strip or a multi-plug adapter.
• Disconnect the charger cord once the battery pack is charged. If you need to disconnect before the charging cycle is complete, ensure that the charger is first disconnected from the receptacle. Do not uplug the charging port in the vehicle receptacle before disconnecting from the wall receptacle.
• The charging process is of primary importance for the lithium-ion battery pack being used in your golf cart. Keep an eye on the vehicle receptacle and check periodically for dirt, debris or damage. Periodic cleaning of the receptacle with a soft cloth is highly recommended.
• The charger cord used to charge your battery pack needs attention too. Cracks in the cord, loose connections or frayed or damaged wires should be replaced immediately to prevent any damage to your cart.
A lithium-ion battery is just the kind of no-maintenance battery you need to keep your cart running in perfect condition for years at end. Paying attention to these small details will keep your lithium-ion battery in ship-shape and last for years.